The PF-2 is for use with Black Berkey Purifiers - If you use ceramic filters, you will need the PF-4 *** PF-2 reduction elements are designed for use in conjunction with Black Berkey water purification elements to adsorb the following unwanted elements found in drinking water.
Fluoride, Arsenic V and pre oxidized Arsenic III, Other residual heavy metal ions. FLUORIDE: Testing for fluoride was based on 20-30ppm of the ion in the influent aqueous solution at a flow rate of no more than 3 gpm per cubic foot of media. Results of < 1ppm of the fluoride ion in the effluent were typical for the media (>95% reduction).
Under optimum conditions, effluent concentrations of less than 50 ppb were readily achieved (>99.75% reduction). ARSENIC: This product uniquely targets the entire family of arsenic oxide anions as well as the arsenic cations. REPLACEMENT: Under normal conditions it is recommended that each set of two PF-2 elements be replaced after 1,000 gallons.
- The PF-2 is for use with Black Berkey Purifiers - If you use ceramic filters, you will need the PF-4
- Primarily Filters Fluoride and Arsenic
- Attaches to the bottom of a Black Berkey Purifier - Used as a Post-Filter
- For use with Big Berkey, Travel Berkey, Berkey Light, Royal Berkey, Imperial Berkey, Crown Berkey
- The Berkey fluoride filter, or PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filter, adsorbs the following unwanted elements found in drinking water:
- Fluoride: Sodium Fluoride, Sodium Fluorosilicate, Fluorosilicic Acid (aka Hydrofluorosilic Acid)
- Arsenic: V and pre-oxidized Arsenic III
- Other residual heavy metal ions
- Made from safe, non-leaching Polypropolene #5 that is BPA-free
- Sold in a set of 2
- PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic reduction Filters are designed to be used in conjunction with the Black Berkey Purification Elements only
- Attach to the bottom of the Black Berkey Elements and sit in the lower chamber of the Berkey unit
- Number of PF-2s in the bottom chamber must match the number of Black Berkey Purification Elements in the top chamber; for example, 4 Black Berkey Purification elements would require 4 PF-2 Filters
- Set of 2 PF-2 Filters need replacement after 1000 gallons of use
- The Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filtersare covered under a six month warranty.